Midlands Area Training
This winter, and through into spring, the Midlands ITCA team have arranged open coaching for Topper sailors at a variety of clubs in our area. We've got some really good coaches again, with this years team including Midlands Zone and National Intermediate Squad coaches and a former Topper ladies world champion. Each event will be limited to a maximum of 24 sailors with places allocated on a first come first served basis, so please book early to secure your place. For the weekend events priority will be given to those booking both days.
The coaching is open to all Topper sailors, from those who have only sailed at club level so far, to members of ITCA and RYA Squads, the minimum requirement being that sailors must be able to competently sail a triangular course and be keen to improve.
Places must be booked in advance so that we can ensure a suitable ratio of coaches to sailors. The format of each day will vary but generally sailors will be taught in ability groups for part of the day, so that everyone can gain maximum benefit, but they will also have time to mix, make friends and learn from each other. If there are any particular aspects that you would like to be covered at a particular event please ask us in advance and we'll let the coaches know.
ON-LINE BOOKING NOW OPEN - Please click here
|1st October 2016||HOLLOWELL SAILING CLUB||£25 per sailor.This is a Midland Zone Indicator|
|19th November 2016||STAUNTON HAROLD SAILING CLUB||£25 per sailor raising to £35 on 9th Nov.|
|17th December 2016||CARSINGTON SAILING CLUB||£25 per sailor raising to £35 on 7th Dec.|
|7th January 2017||STAUNTON HAROLD SAILING CLUB||£25 per sailor raising to £35 on 28th Dec.|
|11th February 2017||TAMWORTH SAILING CLUB||£25 per sailor raising to £35 on 1st Feb.|
A typical training day will begin with:
- Registration from 9:00am
- Coaching commencing at 9:30am with boats rigged and sailors in fitness clothing including trainers.
- All sailors and on-water helpers are expected to be properly equipped for the day so please check the conditions ahead of time. It is essential that all sailors are dressed appropriately for the winter sailing conditions.
- Please have a drink in all briefings and out on the water with you to make sure you stay hydrated.
- For all sailors under 18 there must be an adult responsible for the sailor during the event i.e. someone who will be at or in the immediate vicinity of the club.
- Parents may be asked in advance to volunteer as crews for the coach so please make sure you bring appropriate clothing.
Lunch is not provided, but the host club will have galley facilities or you are welcome to bring you own packed lunch.
Open Training Bookings Secretary: Annie Bhogal
If you wish to attend one of our Winter coaching sessions then you need to pre-book so we know numbers and can organise the right number of coaches and safety boats.