Midlands Area Training
This winter, and through into spring, the Midlands ITCA team are arranging open coaching for Topper sailors at a variety of clubs in our area. We've got some really good coaches again, who will give you great coaching on the fundamentals of boat handling and racing. It is open to both 5.3 and 4.2 Sailors.
All sailors must be competent to complete a triangular course in all but extreme weather conditions, should have started club racing and have familiarised themselves with the basics of the racing rules and be keen to improve.
2020 Midlands Open Training Dates
|Open Training 1||11th October 2020||Bartley Sailing Club (RYA Regional Training Group Indicator)|
|Open Training 2||9th November 2020||Burton Sailing Club (Postponed due to Covid-19)|
|Open Training 3||5th December 2020||Hollowell Sailing Club|
|Open Training 4||16th January 2021||Banbury Sailing Club (Postponed due to Covid-19)|
2021 Midlands Virtual Training Dates
|Virtual Training 1 (Completed)||2nd February 2021||Midlands Virtual Training - Racing Rules|
|Virtual Training 2 (Completed)||6th February 2021||Midlands Virtual Training - Boat Maintenance with Russ|
The plan is to arrange more Open Training in 2021. We will add these to the website when they become available
These sessions are available for booking/payment through the Events Section on the ITCA Website. You must pre enter if you would like to attend the training session.
If the online system is fully booked please add you name to the waiting list and email [email protected]
A typical training day will begin with:
· Registration from 9:00am
· Coaching commencing at 9:30am with boats rigged and sailors in fitness clothing including trainers.
· All sailors and on-water helpers are expected to be properly equipped for the day so please check the conditions ahead of time. It is essential that all sailors are dressed appropriately for the winter sailing conditions.
· Please take a drink out on the water with you to make sure you stay hydrated.
· For all sailors under 18 there must be an adult responsible for the sailor during the event i.e. someone who will be at or in the immediate vicinity of the club.
· Parents may be asked in advance to volunteer as crews for the coach so please make sure you bring appropriate clothing. Lunch is not provided, but the host club will have galley facilities or you are welcome to bring you own packed lunch.
Please note that all of the above is subject to change based upon COVID restrictions
If you have any questions regarding Midlands Open Training, please email [email protected]