Midlands Area Training
This winter (2021), and through into spring (2022), the Midlands ITCA team are arranging open coaching for Topper sailors at a variety of clubs in our area. We've got some really good coaches again, who will give you great coaching on the fundamentals of boat handling and racing. It is open to both 5.3 and 4.2 Sailors.
All sailors must be competent to complete a triangular course in all but extreme weather conditions, should have started club racing and have familiarised themselves with the basics of the racing rules and be keen to improve.
2021/2022 Midlands Open Training Dates - Proposed
|Open Training 1||Saturday 27th November 2021||Hollowell Sailing Clb|
|Open Training 2||Saturday 4th December 2021||Staunton Harold Sailing Club|
|Open Training 3||Sunday 23rd January 2022||Bartley Sailing Club|
|Open Training 4||Saturday 5th March 2022||Banbury Sailing Club|
2021 Midlands Virtual Training Dates
|Virtual Training 1 (Completed)||2nd February 2021||Midlands Virtual Training - Racing Rules|
|Virtual Training 2 (Completed)||6th February 2021||Midlands Virtual Training - Boat Maintenance with Russ|
Once these Training Sessions become available for booking/payment; this is to be completed through the Events Section on the ITCA Website. You must pre enter if you would like to attend the training session.
If the online system is fully booked please add you name to the waiting list and email [email protected]
A typical training day will begin with:
· Registration from 9:00am
· Coaching commencing at 9:30am with boats rigged and sailors in fitness clothing including trainers.
· All sailors and on-water helpers are expected to be properly equipped for the day so please check the conditions ahead of time. It is essential that all sailors are dressed appropriately for the winter sailing conditions.
· Please take a drink out on the water with you to make sure you stay hydrated.
· For all sailors under 18 there must be an adult responsible for the sailor during the event i.e. someone who will be at or in the immediate vicinity of the club.
· Parents may be asked in advance to volunteer as crews for the coach so please make sure you bring appropriate clothing. Lunch is not provided, but the host club will have galley facilities or you are welcome to bring you own packed lunch.
Please note that all of the above is subject to change based upon COVID restrictions
If you have any questions regarding Midlands Open Training, please email [email protected]