Southern Area Training
ITCA Southern Area Winter Training 2023/24
ITCA Southern Winter training will take place at Spinnaker SC (BH24 3LY) on Saturdays from October to March on the following dates;
Winter 1 - 14 Oct 23 (Entries Close 6 Oct)
Winter 2 - 11 Nov 23 (Entries Close 3 Nov)
Winter 3 - 2 Dec 23 (Entries Close 24 Nov)
Winter 4 - 6 Jan 24 (Entries Close 29 Dec)
Winter 5 - 17 Feb 24 (Entries Close 9 Feb)
Winter 6 - 9 Mar 24 (Entries Close 1 Mar)
The cost of the training will £40 per session.
If you sign up for ALL six sessions before 6 Oct 23 the cost per session will be reduced to £35 per session.
Bookings will open mid September.
Groups will be split according to experience to ensure development through the Winter.
If you are thinking of signing up please complete this expressions of interest (no commitment) so I can sign up enough coaches and inform you when the event is going live. https://forms.office.com/e/XKc7HfLEJp
The training will generally take place on Saturdays.
- The training is open to any sailor who has completed a beginners sailing course (e.g RYA stage 2)
- Sailors will use their own Toppers
- It will be expected that all sailors can prepare and launch their boats and sail in all directions in light and medium winds, including tacking and gybing.
- Either a 6.4, 5.3 or a 4.2 sail can be used
- More advanced sailors are welcome to sign up, in which case sailors may be set into training groups for on the water exercises.
BOOKING WILL CLOSE FRIDAY THE WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT OR EARLIER IF FULLY BOOKED.
18 places will be initially available and can only be reserved through payment. Depending on location additional places may be made available if there is sufficient demand and coaches / ribs are available. If the online system is fully booked please add you name to the waiting list and email [email protected] .
You do need to be an ITCA member to attend more than one ITCA training https://www.itca-gbr.co.uk/membership/
If you have any questions about training please email to Andrew Goodman at [email protected]