The Topper is an RYA recognised class, and for the keen racers, there are a range of opportunities for sailors to gain extra training and support as part of a Topper squad. Some are run by the RYA and others by ITCA (GBR). All are administered by the Class Squad Administrator, whose contact details can be found in the website contact pages, if you have any questions or need guidance.
Online application for 2017/18 squad places is now CLOSED. Details of how to apply for 2018/19 squads will be provided in due course.
Full and up to date details of the RYA squads can be found by clicking this link to RYA Squads page on the RYA website.
A summary of the relevant squads is provided below:
Zone/Home Country Squads
- 6 English Zones plus 3 Home Countries (Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland).
- Squad sizes vary according to number of applicants.
- Each area has its own indicator events in September (usually Zone Championships, one specified open training day and one specified Traveller Series Racing event). Details of the qualifier events in your Zone can be found on the rya website
- Age limit applies. You need to be under 14 (i.e 13 or under) on 31st December 2017.
- Applications via RYA web site but more information on selection events via your ITCA area team.
National Junior and National Intermediate Junior Squad
- Selected on sailor’s overall ranking at the end of the selector events listed in the calendar.
- Age limit applies. You must be under 15 (i.e 14 or under) on December 31st 2017
- A couple of discretionary places sometimes available (supporting letter has to be sent to the Squad Administrator)
- Squad size has traditionally been 24 in each squad (with a minimum of 8 girls in each).
- Applications via RYA web site. Click here for the Notice of Selection
ITCA (GBR) Squads
ITCA GBR National 5.3 Squad
- Age 14 or over on 31st December 2017
- Squad size varies dependant on number of applicants
- Selection criteria as per RYA squads using the overall ranking from selector events and applications via the same on line system on RYA web site.
- Click here for the Notice of Selection
ITCA GBR National 4.2 Squad
- As a guideline, sailors shall normally be aged over 10 and under 14, and between 33-45 kg, on the 31st December 2017
- Squad size dependent on number of suitable applicants
- Applications via on line RYA system. Click here for the Notice of Selection
- You can be in a Zone Squad and 4.2 Squad in the same year.
All Girls Training
- Open to all our female members whatever their age or experience.
- A great way to develop your sailing in a supportive and friendly environment.
- More dates to be confirmed shortly.
Please contact the squad administrator for more information